Surfing is an addictive sport, for any surfer – novice or professional. This goes for me aswell, however, there are times when I am compelled to stay away from the beach and water due to winter or the rainy seasons. The biggest question that arises in this scenario is maintaining my fitness. I just cannot compromise on this aspect at all. Surfing has forced me to derive a solution and I came up with some simple exercises that can be done at home without needing any expensive equipment. The positive aspect is that these exercises that I am about to mention are an authentic solution and will leave you active and vibrant. Before I discuss the exercises I would like to give you a simple tip that would help prepare your body for the workout.
Preparing your body for the workout
When you initially move to these exercises your body may feel sore, but these simple tips will help you. You can massage your body. Secondly stretching helps a lot and creates the much needed flexibility in the muscles. You also need to keep yourself hydrated so drink lots of water throughout the day. Now let us take the plunge into the world of fitness. Here are the exercises I swear by.
The exercises to follow
Make sure that you do these exercises for about 40 to 45 minutes. This would be the adequate time to follow. It is up to you to take a break during the exercises. However, if you can manage them in one go, then that’s up to you – and well done!
* Hundred jump ropes: You would be surprised to know that jumping ropes are very useful in burning those extra calories. This is quite a cost friendly way to exercuse. You would not need expensive equipment like a treadmill.
* Hundred jumping jacks : This workout is definitely a hard-core exercise. You are getting so many benefits in one go. Firstly this exercise helps in relieving stress so if you are worked up about missing your surfing then start it right away. Jumping jacks is a great strengthening and cardio-vascular exercise as well.
* Thirty push-ups : Well the push-ups are yet another way to promote your fitness. When you would be doing your push-ups on a regular basis they would build and strengthen the major muscles in the body.
* Thirty sit-ups: The sit-ups would strengthen the muscles in your abdomen. This exercise will make everyday activities like lifting things a lot easier.
* Fifteen step-ups: The step-ups are a compound workout. This exercise tends to mimic the real life movements. It strengthens your muscles, so it is a must do.